Recycle Group, an award winning Russian duo comprising of Andrey Blokhin and Georgy Kuznetsov, explore the realm of ‘virtual reality’ utilising both recycled imagery and materials. Their upcoming public installation entitled 'Final Sale' will be mounted on the facade of LSE (London School of Economics and Political Science) on November 22 and will be displayed for a period of three months.
For this site-specific artwork 'Final Sale' on the facade of LSE's Old Building, Recycle Group will put an emphasis on the sociopolitical and economical effects created by our current financial climate, exploring the realm of modern day economics and its effect on today’s society as a whole, utilising both recycled imagery and materials. The main theme explored through their work is consumerism and the infinite drive/hunger for materialistic sustainability.
‘Recycling’ is a central facet of their artwork, whether this is through the use of recycled materials or recycling of familiar imagery, with a focus on marrying the past’s documentation of their history, values and way of life through art with today’s social and political issues
19. Sep 18. Jan 20187th Moscow International Biennale of Contemporary Art 2017 "Clouds–Forests" Moscow Biennale of Contemporary Art °
13. May 26. Nov57. Venice Biennale 2017 | Country Pavilions Venice Biennale
09. May 22. Nov56. Venice Biennale 2015 - Collateral Events Venice Biennale
25. Nov 02. Mar 2015RE-CYCLE GROUP - PUBLIC INSTALLATION : FINAL SALE Gazelli Art House, London
15. Sep 18. NovI am who I am KIT Kunst im Tunnel, Düsseldorf